PUBLIC UTILITIES MAINTENANCE (PUM)
Public Utilities Maintenance, Inc.
Address: 212-26 99th Avenue, Queens Village, NY 11429
PUBLIC UTILITIES MAINTENANCE (PUM), is a full service industrial steel inspection and coating contractor. We have been in business since 1992 and members of our Management team have been working in the Industry since 1970. We also serve on several industry-related technical committees, providing the benefit of our experience and expertise to such organizations as: the National Association of Corrosion Engineers (NACE); the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE); and the Electrical Power Research Institute (EPRI) and others. We specialize in the inspection, preparation (including lead paint removal) and painting of electric transmission steel lattice towers and tubular poles, telecommunication towers and structures; substation structures and equipment; power generating plants and components; penstocks, cranes, water / gas tanks and pipes and similar elevated complex structures. We are the leading electric Transmission and Distribution painting contractor in the country; providing structure and footing corrosion inspection and repair solutions for most of the major utilities throughout the country. We currently hold long term annual maintenance painting and footing inspection and repair contracts with several large utilities.
Quality and Safety Certifications
To ensure we adhere to the highest Quality Standards in our industry, we have our company policies and field practices audited each year by third-party consultants for the SSPC QP1 and QP2 (Preparation, Coating, and Lead Removal) Certifications, as well as for the ISO 9001:2008 (Quality Management System and Work practices) certification.
Employee Training and Certifications
Due to the high risk and complexity of working around energized equipment, PUM utilizes only the most skilled workers. We invest in the health and safety of our personnel by having them trained /certified in the following:
- Adult CPR, AED, and Community First Aid
- High Voltage Electrical Safety for Power Generation, Transmission, & Distribution (required OSHA rule 1910.269)
- Fall Protection
- Tower / Pole Rescue
- OSHA 10-hour Safety Training
- Lead Awareness and Hazard Communication
- *OSHA 30-hour Supervisor Safety Training
- Lead Removal and Safe Operating Procedures
- Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response
- * Lift / Boom Operations and Safety
- * CCS-lhf1 and Permit Required Confined Space certification
- * SSPC C-3 Supervisor / Competent Person
- * NACE Certified Coating Inspector
Note: (*) denotes only select key personnel have received this training.
Recent High Voltage Electrical Safety, OSHA 10 Hour and Tower Climbing Training training conducted for PUM crews. This training is conducted annually by independent certified training organizations and exceeds industry standards.
Click on the arrow at the bottom edge of the video to watch the instructional video.
Steel Structure Coatings, Footing Inspection and Repair Specialists.
Since 1992 Public Utilities Maintenance has met the unique painting needs of the Utility Industries: Electric, Gas, Communication, Water, and Fuel, around the world. Our Management team have over 100 years combined experience working on and managing painting projects on energized (69kV to 1,000kV) towers and poles. Over 40,000 structures (90% energized) completed, with an excellent safety record (exceptionally low EMR). In addition to painting, we provide detailed Corrosion Inspection & Repair of Steel Towers and Poles, as well as Steel & Concrete Footing Inspection and Repair Services.
Services We Provide
- Transmission Towers & Steel Poles
- Substation Structures & Equipment
- Flow-Coating Transformers
- Antenna / Microwave Towers
- Power & Gas Plants
- Tanks & Piping (Water, Gas, Oil, Penstock)
- Elevated Structures
- Other Industrial Structures
- Repair & Coatings
- Concrete Footing Repair / Replacement
- Regulatory Compliant
- Containment Design & Installation
- Coatings / Corrosion Inspections
- Steel Plate & Lattice Member Fabrication / Replacement
- Bolts & Nuts Inspection or Replacement
- Aerial Numbers / Danger Signs Installation or Replacement
- ISO 9001:2008 (Quality Management System)
- SSPC - QP1 (Field Application Coatings)
- SSPC - QP2 (Industrial Hazardous Paint Removal)
- ISNETWORLD - Review & Verification Srvs., Score "A"