Our unequaled experience in the electric transmission structure industry has proven PUM's ability to safely work on complicated, elevated structures, under very difficult conditions. This experience, and the abilities we have demonstrated over the past 18 years, clearly shows our skills in surface preparation and coating application under the stringent requirements associated with corrosion control on bridges and overhead structures. Our SSPC QP1 and QP2 certifications further confirm that PUM can provide a safe, successful painting project to these critical, high visibility structures.
Our crews are trained and experienced in configuring and installing climbing and rigging equipment to ensure safe access to these complex structures and have the proven ability to perform all manner of surface preparation and coating application. These structures often present unique logistical constraints and safety issues (i.e. third rail, railroad safety). As the coatings work on these structures often requires compliance with mandated regulations, our ISO 9000 Quality Management Registration has provided PUM with the tools to fulfill these requirements.
Even though we are not required by law or specifications, we carry a $10,000,000 Pollution Liability Insurance policy to protect our customers.
Steel Structure Coatings, Footing Inspection and Repair Specialists.
Since 1992 Public Utilities Maintenance has met the unique painting needs of the Utility Industries: Electric, Gas, Communication, Water, and Fuel, around the world. Our Management team have over 100 years combined experience working on and managing painting projects on energized (69kV to 1,000kV) towers and poles. Over 40,000 structures (90% energized) completed, with an excellent safety record (exceptionally low EMR). In addition to painting, we provide detailed Corrosion Inspection & Repair of Steel Towers and Poles, as well as Steel & Concrete Footing Inspection and Repair Services.
Services We Provide
- Transmission Towers & Steel Poles
- Substation Structures & Equipment
- Flow-Coating Transformers
- Antenna / Microwave Towers
- Power & Gas Plants
- Tanks & Piping (Water, Gas, Oil, Penstock)
- Elevated Structures
- Other Industrial Structures
- Repair & Coatings
- Concrete Footing Repair / Replacement
- Regulatory Compliant
- Containment Design & Installation
- Coatings / Corrosion Inspections
- Steel Plate & Lattice Member Fabrication / Replacement
- Bolts & Nuts Inspection or Replacement
- Aerial Numbers / Danger Signs Installation or Replacement
- ISO 9001:2008 (Quality Management System)
- SSPC - QP1 (Field Application Coatings)
- SSPC - QP2 (Industrial Hazardous Paint Removal)
- ISNETWORLD - Review & Verification Srvs., Score "A"