The power transformer, as you know, is a vital and expensive piece of equipment in the substation. Proper maintenance of this piece of equipment, especially the cooling components are key to extending life expectancy, as well to maintain efficiency and reliability. We work with our customers to identify and implement the proper preparation and coating of the fin surface. The “Flow Coat” method is the most widely utilized process of insuring 100% coverage (including tubes, stabilize bars, joints and seams on the backside, etc..) of the radiator tubes. This method may be utilized to chemically clean and prepare the steel surface as well as applying paint materials. Other transformer surfaces will also be addressed using the most appropriate preparation methods and coating application procedures.
Public Utilities Maintenance is an SSPC QP1 (Field Application to Complex Industrial Structures), QP2 (Lead Paint Removal) certified painting contractor, and our Quality Management process is ISO 9001:2008 certified. Our management team will work with you to match the best flow coat equipment with the proper coating material for your equipment’s environment.
Our experienced workers are fully trained in the following:
- High Voltage Electrical Safety
- Certified Tower Climbing
- Aerial Rescue
- Fall Protection
- CPR & First Aid
- OSHA 10 & 30 hour
- Various OSHA / Industry required Training
Even though we are not required by law or specifications, we carry a $10,000,000 Pollution Liability Insurance policy to protect our customer.
Steel Structure Coatings, Footing Inspection and Repair Specialists.
Since 1992 Public Utilities Maintenance has met the unique painting needs of the Utility Industries: Electric, Gas, Communication, Water, and Fuel, around the world. Our Management team have over 100 years combined experience working on and managing painting projects on energized (69kV to 1,000kV) towers and poles. Over 40,000 structures (90% energized) completed, with an excellent safety record (exceptionally low EMR). In addition to painting, we provide detailed Corrosion Inspection & Repair of Steel Towers and Poles, as well as Steel & Concrete Footing Inspection and Repair Services.
Services We Provide
- Transmission Towers & Steel Poles
- Substation Structures & Equipment
- Flow-Coating Transformers
- Antenna / Microwave Towers
- Power & Gas Plants
- Tanks & Piping (Water, Gas, Oil, Penstock)
- Elevated Structures
- Other Industrial Structures
- Repair & Coatings
- Concrete Footing Repair / Replacement
- Regulatory Compliant
- Containment Design & Installation
- Coatings / Corrosion Inspections
- Steel Plate & Lattice Member Fabrication / Replacement
- Bolts & Nuts Inspection or Replacement
- Aerial Numbers / Danger Signs Installation or Replacement
- ISO 9001:2008 (Quality Management System)
- SSPC - QP1 (Field Application Coatings)
- SSPC - QP2 (Industrial Hazardous Paint Removal)
- ISNETWORLD - Review & Verification Srvs., Score "A"