Power & Gas Plants
Power & Gas Plants present a wide range of challenges when it comes to corrosion control, including severe atmospheric exposure, difficult access, logistical constraints due to plant operations, schedule limitations, safety concerns, security issues and others. Our crews have successfully met each of these challenges on many power plant painting projects, both new construction and maintenance. We have the proven ability and experience to provide corrosion control solutions to power plant structural steel, storage tanks, piping, conveyors and all types of electrical components. The safety training our workers receive, including electrical safety and fall protection, is key to our successful track record. Our extensive, power industry focused experience, combined with our SSPC - QP1 and SSPC - QP2 certifications, makes PUM uniquely qualified to afford cost effective, high quality and safe corrosion protection for your power generation assets.
Even though we are not required by law or specifications, we carry a $10,000,000 Pollution Liability Insurance policy to protect our customers.
Projects and Capabilities
Steel Structure Coatings, Footing Inspection and Repair Specialists.
Since 1992 Public Utilities Maintenance has met the unique painting needs of the Utility Industries: Electric, Gas, Communication, Water, and Fuel, around the world. Our Management team have over 100 years combined experience working on and managing painting projects on energized (69kV to 1,000kV) towers and poles. Over 40,000 structures (90% energized) completed, with an excellent safety record (exceptionally low EMR). In addition to painting, we provide detailed Corrosion Inspection & Repair of Steel Towers and Poles, as well as Steel & Concrete Footing Inspection and Repair Services.
Services We Provide
- Transmission Towers & Steel Poles
- Substation Structures & Equipment
- Flow-Coating Transformers
- Antenna / Microwave Towers
- Power & Gas Plants
- Tanks & Piping (Water, Gas, Oil, Penstock)
- Elevated Structures
- Other Industrial Structures
- Repair & Coatings
- Concrete Footing Repair / Replacement
- Regulatory Compliant
- Containment Design & Installation
- Coatings / Corrosion Inspections
- Steel Plate & Lattice Member Fabrication / Replacement
- Bolts & Nuts Inspection or Replacement
- Aerial Numbers / Danger Signs Installation or Replacement
- ISO 9001:2008 (Quality Management System)
- SSPC - QP1 (Field Application Coatings)
- SSPC - QP2 (Industrial Hazardous Paint Removal)
- ISNETWORLD - Review & Verification Srvs., Score "A"