Due to the high complexity of structures and equipment located in electric substations, PUM utilizes only the most experienced and highly skilled and trained craftsmen. PUM has successfully inspected, prepared, primed, and painted hundreds of substations of voltages ranging from 69kV to 765kV throughout the United States. We offer a wide range of surface preparation techniques selected to comply with project specific requirements. We specialize in the flow-coat paint application method for the cooling / radiator tubes on Transformers assuring 100% paint coverage, as well as other application methods to safely ensure the longest available coating service life. Let our Management Team discuss how we can minimize your outage time by safely working on and around substation structures and equipment with energized circuits. Our safety record is excellent (exceptionally low EMR). Utilize our Inspection and Assessment Services to ascertain the current condition of equipment coatings and provide coating system repair solutions. This information will aid in establishing Maintenance Programs and Asset Management budgeting requirements.
Our experienced workers are fully trained in the following:
- High Voltage Electrical Safety
- Certified Tower Climbing
- Aerial Rescue
- Fall Protection
- CPR & First Aid
- OSHA 10 & 30 hour
- Various OSHA / Industry required Training
We specialize in removing and/or over-coating existing lead coatings and have proven expertise in working on complex substation structures of various configurations.
Even though we are not required by law or specifications, we carry a $10,000,000 Pollution Liability Insurance policy to protect our customers.
Steel Structure Coatings, Footing Inspection and Repair Specialists.
Since 1992 Public Utilities Maintenance has met the unique painting needs of the Utility Industries: Electric, Gas, Communication, Water, and Fuel, around the world. Our Management team have over 100 years combined experience working on and managing painting projects on energized (69kV to 1,000kV) towers and poles. Over 40,000 structures (90% energized) completed, with an excellent safety record (exceptionally low EMR). In addition to painting, we provide detailed Corrosion Inspection & Repair of Steel Towers and Poles, as well as Steel & Concrete Footing Inspection and Repair Services.
Services We Provide
- Transmission Towers & Steel Poles
- Substation Structures & Equipment
- Flow-Coating Transformers
- Antenna / Microwave Towers
- Power & Gas Plants
- Tanks & Piping (Water, Gas, Oil, Penstock)
- Elevated Structures
- Other Industrial Structures
- Repair & Coatings
- Concrete Footing Repair / Replacement
- Regulatory Compliant
- Containment Design & Installation
- Coatings / Corrosion Inspections
- Steel Plate & Lattice Member Fabrication / Replacement
- Bolts & Nuts Inspection or Replacement
- Aerial Numbers / Danger Signs Installation or Replacement
- ISO 9001:2008 (Quality Management System)
- SSPC - QP1 (Field Application Coatings)
- SSPC - QP2 (Industrial Hazardous Paint Removal)
- ISNETWORLD - Review & Verification Srvs., Score "A"