Tanks & Piping (Water, Gas, Oil, Penstock)
Storage tanks, penstock, piping and pipe racks often present challenging application conditions due to their complex configuration and difficult access. PUM has the expertise to design and install all types of climbing and rigging apparatus to prepare and paint even the most complicated structures. Our SSPC- QP1 "Paint Application to Complex Structures" certification confirms our proven experience and capabilities. Many times these structures were painted with lead pigmented coatings that must be disturbed or removed. Our SSPC-QP2 "Hazardous Paint Removal" certification again indicates our ability to successfully undertake this challenge.
Our crews are trained and experienced in the application of a wide range of protective coating types using all appropriate application methods; this, combined with the rigorous safety training and climbing certifications of our employees, makes PUM exceptionally qualified to provide corrosion control solutions to these unique structures.
Even though we are not required by law or specifications, we carry a $10,000,000 Pollution Liability Insurance policy to protect our customers.
Steel Structure Coatings, Footing Inspection and Repair Specialists.
Since 1992 Public Utilities Maintenance has met the unique painting needs of the Utility Industries: Electric, Gas, Communication, Water, and Fuel, around the world. Our Management team have over 100 years combined experience working on and managing painting projects on energized (69kV to 1,000kV) towers and poles. Over 40,000 structures (90% energized) completed, with an excellent safety record (exceptionally low EMR). In addition to painting, we provide detailed Corrosion Inspection & Repair of Steel Towers and Poles, as well as Steel & Concrete Footing Inspection and Repair Services.
Services We Provide
- Transmission Towers & Steel Poles
- Substation Structures & Equipment
- Flow-Coating Transformers
- Antenna / Microwave Towers
- Power & Gas Plants
- Tanks & Piping (Water, Gas, Oil, Penstock)
- Elevated Structures
- Other Industrial Structures
- Repair & Coatings
- Concrete Footing Repair / Replacement
- Regulatory Compliant
- Containment Design & Installation
- Coatings / Corrosion Inspections
- Steel Plate & Lattice Member Fabrication / Replacement
- Bolts & Nuts Inspection or Replacement
- Aerial Numbers / Danger Signs Installation or Replacement
- ISO 9001:2008 (Quality Management System)
- SSPC - QP1 (Field Application Coatings)
- SSPC - QP2 (Industrial Hazardous Paint Removal)
- ISNETWORLD - Review & Verification Srvs., Score "A"