Transmission Towers & Steel Poles
PUM has successfully inspected, prepared, primed, and painted over 40,000 steel transmission towers and poles of voltages ranging from 69kV to 1000kV throughout the world. We have worked for most of the major electric utilities in the US, as well as have successfully performed projects in Asia-Pacific, Canada, Europe, and Oceania. We currently hold several long term annual maintenance contracts. Over 90% of the structures we have worked on were energized during surface preparation and painting. Our safety record is excellent (exceptionally low EMR).
Our experienced workers are fully trained in the following:
- High Voltage Electrical Safety
- Certified Tower Climbing
- Tower / Pole Rescue
- Fall Protection
- CPR & First Aid
- OSHA 10 & 30 hour
- Various OSHA / Industry required Training
We specialize in removing and/or over-coating existing lead coatings and have proven expertise in working on complex structures of various configurations.
In addition to surface preparation and painting, we have performed on-site fabricated steel plate, cross-arm and structural member replacement as part of our package of corrosion control solutions. We are experienced in providing comprehensive coatings assessments of transmission structures that include condition ratings, repaint prioritization and project specific coating system recommendations.
Even though we are not required by law or specifications, we carry a $10,000,000 Pollution Liability Insurance policy to protect our customers.
Steel Structure Coatings, Footing Inspection and Repair Specialists.
Since 1992 Public Utilities Maintenance has met the unique painting needs of the Utility Industries: Electric, Gas, Communication, Water, and Fuel, around the world. Our Management team have over 100 years combined experience working on and managing painting projects on energized (69kV to 1,000kV) towers and poles. Over 40,000 structures (90% energized) completed, with an excellent safety record (exceptionally low EMR). In addition to painting, we provide detailed Corrosion Inspection & Repair of Steel Towers and Poles, as well as Steel & Concrete Footing Inspection and Repair Services.
Services We Provide
- Transmission Towers & Steel Poles
- Substation Structures & Equipment
- Flow-Coating Transformers
- Antenna / Microwave Towers
- Power & Gas Plants
- Tanks & Piping (Water, Gas, Oil, Penstock)
- Elevated Structures
- Other Industrial Structures
- Repair & Coatings
- Concrete Footing Repair / Replacement
- Regulatory Compliant
- Containment Design & Installation
- Coatings / Corrosion Inspections
- Steel Plate & Lattice Member Fabrication / Replacement
- Bolts & Nuts Inspection or Replacement
- Aerial Numbers / Danger Signs Installation or Replacement
- ISO 9001:2008 (Quality Management System)
- SSPC - QP1 (Field Application Coatings)
- SSPC - QP2 (Industrial Hazardous Paint Removal)
- ISNETWORLD - Review & Verification Srvs., Score "A"